Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the oldest departments of the institute. It is also one of the biggest departments of the institute with student strength of about 280 which will touch approximately 540 in next few years. While managing this increased strength which is an urgent need of the nation, department is committed to well being and all round development of its students. The department currently runs one undergraduate programme and one post graduate programme: B. Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) M. Tech. (Industrial Engineering and Management).
To emerge as a leading knowledge centre in the field of mechanical engineering for sustainable development of the society.
To develop the department as knowledge centre in the area of mechanical engineering with focus on:
- M1: Imparting quality education for global competency.
- M2: Nurturing professional ethics for socio-economic development.
- M3: Creating state-of-the-art learning environment for students and making them capable for needs of industry.
- M4: Enabling the students to pursue research activities for sustainable society
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
At the end of the undergraduate Program, mechanical engineering graduates will be able to:
- PEO1: Apply sound engineering knowledge using appropriate techniques and tools for problem solving and decision making.
- PEO2: Communicate, lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams to solve societal problems, promoting sustainability of environment.
- PEO3: Exhibit professionalism with ethics and pursue life-long learning to achieve career and organizational goals.